IP Scanner Download for Windows, Linux & Mac : Want to Scan a Network or Are You Looking for Network or IP Scanner? If yes then you are on right place, In this tutorial i’m list IP Scanner tools name for Windows, Linux or Mac, you can download them from their official website.
What is IP Scanner or Network Scanner
IP stands for Internet Protocol : An Internet Protocol address (IP address) is a numerical label assigned to each device (e.g. computer, printer) participating in a computer network that uses the Internet Protocol for communication. IP addresses are usually written and displayed in human-readable notations, such as 172.16.2.1 (IPv4), and 2001:db8:0:1134:0:367:8:1 (IPv6).
1. Advanced IP Scanner : Click Here to download
Reliable and free network scanner to analyse LAN. The program shows all network devices, gives you access to shared folders and FTP servers, provides remote control of computers (via RDP and Radmin), and can even remotely switch computers off. It is easy to use and runs as a portable edition. It should be the first choice for every network admin. Advanced IP Scanner currently have 20+ million users worldwide.
Key Features of Advanced IP Scanner
- Easy access to network shares
- Remote control via RDP and Radmin
- MAC addresses detection
- Switching on/off computers remotely
- Export scan results to CSV
- No installation required
2. Angry IP Scanner : Download for Windows, Mac or Linux
Angry IP Scanner (or simply IP scan) is an open-source and cross-platform network scanner designed to be fast and simple to use. It scans IP addresses and ports as well as has many other features. It is widely used by network administrators and just curious users around the world, including large and small enterprises, banks, and government agencies. It runs on Linux, Windows, and Mac OS X, possibly supporting other platforms as well.
key Features of Angry IP Scanner :
- Scans local networks as well as Internet
- IP Range, Random or file in any format
- Exports results into many formats
- Extensible with many data fetchers
- Provides command-line interface
- Free and open-source
- Works on Windows, Mac and Linux
- Installation not required
Some Other Tools to Scan Network, Here is the list of Network Scanner widely used :
3. SoftPerfect Network Scanner (Multipurpose network administration tool): Click Here to Download
SoftPerfect Network Scanner is a free multi-threaded IPv4/IPv6 scanner with a modern interface and many advanced features. It is intended for both system administrators and general users interested in computer security. The program pings computers, scans for listening TCP/UDP ports and discovers shared folders, including system and hidden ones.
In addition, it can retrieve practically any information about network computers via WMI, SNMP, HTTP, NetBios and has a bunch of other features. It can also resolve host names and auto-detect the local and external IP address range. To assist with network administration, it supports remote shutdown and Wake-On-LAN.
Key features of Network Scanner
- Performs a ping sweep and displays live devices.
- Fully supports both IPv4 and IPv6 discovery.
- Detects hardware MAC-addresses, even across routers.
- Detects hidden shared folders and writable ones.
- Detects your internal and external IP addresses.
- Scans for listening TCP ports, some UDP and SNMP services.
- Retrieves currently logged-on users, configured user accounts, uptime, etc.
- Supports remote SSH and PowerShell command execution.
- Launches external third party applications.
- Exports results to HTML, XML, JSON, CSV and TXT.
- Supports Wake-On-LAN, remote shutdown and sending network messages.
- Retrieves any system information via WMI, remote registry, file system and service manager.
- Absolutely free and does not contain any adware, spyware or malware.
4. MiTeC Network Scanner (Network detection tool): Click here to Download
It is a free multi-threaded ICMP, Port, IP, NetBIOS, ActiveDirectory and SNMP scanner with many advanced features. It is intended for both system administrators and general users who are interested in computer security. The program performs ping sweep, scans for opened TCP and UDP ports, resource shares and services.
For devices with SNMP capability available interfaces are detected and basic properties displayed.
In addition you have to edit results, save/load results to/from CSV and print network device list and any data in any section can be exported to CSV.
It can also resolve host names and auto-detect your local IP range.
Key Features of MiTec Network Scanner
- Network neighbourhood
- Ping (ICMP)
- IP Address
- MAC Address (even across routers)
- MAC Vendor
- Device name
- Device domain/workgroup
- Logged user
- Operating system
- BIOS, Model and CPU
- System time and Up time
- Device description
- Type flags (SQL server, Domain controller etc.)
- Remote device date and time
- TCP and UDP port scanning
- SNMP services.
- Installed services on device
- Shared resources
- Open Files
- Running processes
- Terminal sessions
- Event Log
- Installed software
- SAM accounts
- WMI and SNMP Queries
- Powerful WhoIs client